Wednesday 18 November 2009

Aftermath

Once The Tokoroth was calmed, dressed and dispatched to nursery I took Little M to Starbucks so we could recover. I actually love breakfast time at home usually, today was an exception. Normally I am on full expert-mode for getting kids fed, dressed and out the door. Having failed on this occasion it was clear that we needed help. The help that comes in waxed cups.

Little M had a kids Hot Chocolate and I had a cappuccino. We sat calmly and chatted. I felt less of a failure as a parent. I made us late for school.

As we got to the door of his classroom I was mentally preparing some lame excuse for our lateness but as soon as the door opened Little M shouted up to the teacher: "we've been to Starbucks for hot chocolate!"

Busted!

No comments:

Post a Comment