Wednesday 18 November 2009

Argh. That is all.

It's Day Three of home alone with the kids. I was looking forward to this week and I'm mostly enjoying it but The Tokoroth is being SPECTACULARLY hard work. You expect kids to be a bit naughty or a bit disruptive sometimes that comes with being a kid. Mostly thought it is possible to talk/negotiate or simply impose your will upon them. Not so, this week, with the little fella. In his mind there is something he needs or wants but he gets frustrated trying to communicate it and I get frustrated with not understanding.

It's a world of frustration.

This morning he should have been at nursery at 8:00. Normally he wakes at 6:00. Today he woke at 7:30 (and there was no way I was going to interrupt him sleeping). Usually he eats breakfast like a hungry hippo, this morning he would not eat. Most mornings he polishes off as much juice or smoothie as is put in front of him, but not this morning.

I bought him a new outfit for nursery but he kept pulling his clothes off. All the time he screamed and screamed. Something was upsetting him, something about the routine was not right. I had done something wrong, in the wrong order or the wrong way but he couldn't tell me. Luckily I had plenty of sleep so my patience reserves were high and slowly, very slowly, he calmed down.

I cannot take the credit for calming him down. Little M suggested putting Mario Karts for the Wii on and letting Tokoroth watch him play. This may have just been a ploy by Little M to get on the Wii before school but it worked (as a ploy and a method to calm Tokoroth).

At 8:15 he was dressed, not screaming, and happily clutching his bag; off to see his friends at school. I dropped him off at nursery and we stopped to look at some pictures and he happily chatted and counted and gave me a cuddle and a kiss before running into class.

That. was. gruelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment